Lucien Abenhaim is a Canadian and a French citizen and a UK resident. He holds an MD, an MSc (Experimental Medicine) and a PhD (Information Science). He founded the LASER Group in 2004 after an outstanding career in academia and in public health, marked by the following milestones:
- Professor of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, McGill University(1988-2005).
- Co-founder and Director of McGill Pharmacoepidemiology Education Program (1988-2005).
- General Director of Health (Surgeon General/Chief Medical Officer) for the French Ministry of Health (1999–2003)
- Member of the Executive Council and of the General Assembly of the World Health Organisation (WHO), United Nations, Geneva (2001–2003)
- Honorary Professor of Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (2005-present)
Lucien’s unique combination of skills and experience makes him one of the most respected and sought-after consultants in the fields of drug value assessment, real world research and strategy consulting.
He has held various academic positions and is the author of numerous landmark publications (New Engl. J. Medicine, The Lancet, others). He has also presented more than 1000 conferences, communications and contributed abstracts.