The LA-SER Group is an international leader in the field of health care consulting for pharmaceutical companies and various agencies. It comprises a team of circa 150 highly-trained scientific consultants and staff who provide a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcomes research services. Over the past few years, the LA-SER Group has significantly grown its global presence and capabilities through key mergers and now LA-SER is headquartered in London with offices in seven countries between Europe and North America.
Following our expansion in the global market of health science services, we are looking for a senior statistician within our Statistics and modeling team. This role offers an opportunity to expand your professional experience in a fast-growing science-driven healthcare consultancy company where progression and scientific emulation is encouraged. This position will enlarge our PhD-level statistical modelling team standing at the forefront of scientific excellence in the industry.
Role and responsibilities
As a senior statistician, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Plan, lead, implement, validate and report statistical analyses studies to state-of-the-art techniques commensurate with project objectives.
• Work hand in hand with a team of statisticians, epidemiologists, data managers, project managers and other scientists for project delivery.
• Be responsible for delivering the technical parts of consulting/analytics projects and deal directly with clients.
• Take a leading role in the development of advanced statistical tools in response to business needs, and support publication development and scientific communications
• Assist in training statisticians and epidemiologists on statistics and develop their data analysis skills
• Participate in technical discussions– both internally and with the clients, and promote scientific excellence and quality in statistical activities.
• Depending on profile:
Participate in business development activities, such as proposal writing and generation of leads,
Participate in team management,
Maintain networks and collaboration with worldwide leaders in academia
The seniority of the role and corresponding responsibilities will be matched with the candidate’s experience and skills. We are still a relatively small and flexible company: your role may expand to other activities, depending on business needs and your abilities and interests.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 5+ years’ statistical experience in health sciences.
• Experience using R or SAS is a must.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English are a must.
• Experience in parametric and non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear regressions, propensity scores, imputations, survival analysis, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
• Experience with epidemiological and healthcare databases is a plus.
• Experience in health economic modelling is a plus.
• Pharma industry experience is a plus.
• A masters’ degree in statistics, mathematics or another quantitative field such as health economics is required, a PhD is preferred.
To apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org