LASER Analytica is a fast growing organization, undertaking large-scale projects and providing consultancy services to the pharmaceutical industry. We bring the best observational methods, regulatory experience and decision analysis knowledge to assess the real-world impact of medicines on the health of patients and populations.
LASER is seeking a Manager / Senior Manager for the Real World Modelling team, located in the New York office. The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare consulting or the pharmaceutical industry, strong project management skills, technical understanding of health economic modelling as well as applied statistical modelling. This role offers significant opportunity for growth and professional development in a fast-growing company where progression is encouraged.
As a manager/senior manager, you will be responsible for delivering on consulting projects and be the primary point of contact for clients as well as manage a team of 2-4 analysts.
Together with your team, you will plan, implement, validate and report on health economics modelling activities and the associated statistical analyses in relation to assigned consulting projects.
You will lead the technical discussions on consulting projects – both internally and with the clients – and promote scientific excellence and quality in health economics modeling and statistics. You are also expected to take part in business development activities, such as proposal writing and generation of leads.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Plan and lead modeling studies to the highest degree of client satisfaction using appropriate analyses.
• Directly manage 2 to 4 analysts.
• Work hand in hand with a team of statisticians and analysts for project delivery.
• Assist in training others in health economics and develop their data analysis skills
• Participate in business development.
• Travel to client meetings (maximum of a few days per month.)
Desired Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience with the development of health economics models for submission to reimbursement agencies and/or pharma industry decision-makers and/or health care plan stakeholders
• Good knowledge of market access for new drugs in either the USA or Europe
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with literature reviews and desk research.
• Experience using at least two of Excel/VBA, R, SAS, STATA, SPSS
• Experience with techniques such as parametric and non-parametric modeling, linear and non-linear regressions, survival analysis, multivariate analysis, discrete event simulations, Bayesian, propensity scores, imputations, segmentation analysis, etc.
• Pharma industry experience is a plus.
• Experience with large healthcare databases is a plus.
• Experience with epidemiological studies is a plus.
• Experience with line management is a plus.
• Master’s degree in health economics, biostatistics or another quantitative field is required.
LASER is an international leader in the field of population health intelligence with a team of over 200 highly-trained scientific staff. LASER supports bringing safe and effective treatments to the market in providing a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcome research (HEOR) consulting capabilities. LASER is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with offices in seven countries in Europe and North America. The North American headquarters are located in New York City.