The LA-SER Group is an international leader in the field of health care consulting for pharmaceutical companies and various agencies. It comprises a team of circa 150 highly-trained scientific consultants and staff who provide a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcomes research services. Over the past few years, the LA-SER Group has significantly grown its global presence and capabilities through key mergers and now LA-SER is headquartered in London with offices in seven countries between Europe and North America.
The Director of Administration and Finance will report to the Chairman and the Board of Executives. The core areas of responsibility will include Accounting, Management Systems, Global Administration. The Director will be responsible for coordinating general support activities in the Group’s 7 global offices. The role will require some travelling in Europe and North America.
This position ensures the successful provision of a wide range of internal support services to the Group on all general management-related issues.
Core duties & responsibilities:
• Management of Accounting services in 7 countries with assistance from the Internal Controller, local accounting staff and network of external accounting firms
• Responsible for Management Information Systems globally with assistance from the IT department, including our internal project management system
• General business administration and management including daily provision of an effective management in administration tasks, coordinating global infrastructures, local and global resources, vendors and external suppliers/ providing reports and support to senior management and staff
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Excellent knowledge of Accounting
• Good knowledge of management processes and systems
• Previous relevant experience (7-10 years) in business management/general administration roles
• Familiarity with best practice processes and experience in mentoring management through any instance where this may be appropriate
• Previous exposure to and understanding of consulting industry (highly advantageous)
• Demonstrated leadership applicable to the management of highly qualified team/s
• Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the Group, including in several countries
• Decision making ability based on balanced commercial reasoning
• Good commercial acumen and an understanding of company finances in order to support managers in resource and succession planning within agreed budgets
• Good working knowledge of relevant IT packages
• Positive attitude and results driven
• Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines while delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment
• Fluency in English (other European languages and exposure to multi-cultural environments would be advantageous)
University Degree (Accounting/Business administration/ Management/Engineering or related).
Competitive/ market rate plus good benefits
London or Paris.
Some travel to Europe and North America (or other new office locations)