The LA-SER Group is an international leader in the field of health care consulting for pharmaceutical companies and various agencies. It comprises a team of circa 150 highly-trained scientific consultants and staff who provide a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcomes research services. Over the past few years, the LA-SER Group has significantly grown its global presence and capabilities through key mergers and now LA-SER is headquartered in London with offices in seven countries between Europe and North America.
This internship will be located at Loerrach, Germany, which is 7 km from Basel. Many pharmaceutical and biotech companies are headquartered in the region.
The intern will gain hands-on experience on all/several/different types of core activities for business unit of Real-World Modelling, e.g., data analysis with R or SAS, model development. There will be an opportunity to work together with our leading experts in each area. Also he/she will have chance to be exposed to the other types of business activities within LASER Analytica. As many projects in LASER Analytica are coordinated across the country offices, the intern will have the opportunity to work with our experts across the globe.
LASER Analytica is committed to providing scientifically sound solutions to clients, not only by applying the latest scientific methods but also contributing to the development of them. Therefore, we are looking for an intern who has high capability to learn and ability to work in a dynamic environment. In addition, a long-term contract might be offered by the end of internship based on mutual needs of LASER Analytica and interns.
The LASER Analytica employees come from diverse backgrounds and our office has a friendly working environment. The intern will work closely within the team and take responsibility for agreed tasks. The intern is expected to actively participate into the projects and contribute his/her intelligence into delivering sound and scientific solutions to the clients.
A dedicated mentor will facilitate the adaptation of the intern into the fast-paced environment. The mentor will work closely with the intern, not only for the purpose of the projects, but also for developing a mutual beneficial internship relationship and giving advice on the future career development.
• The length of the internship is minimum 3 months with paid salary in Loerrach, Germany.
• Good spoken and written English is required.
• Candidates are expected to have good analytical skills, familiar with at least one of the following programming tools: R or SAS.
• Candidates are expected to be proactive and willing to challenge themselves by learning new skills.
• Master students or candidates with master degree or above (statistics, biostatistics, public health, health economics, etc.) are preferred.
• Good knowledge of MS office is required.
• Candidates with medical background (medicine, biology, nursing, etc.) are preferred.